Valentine’s Day Vacations in Northeast Ohio
Valentine’s Day falls on a Saturday this year making it a wonderful time for a weekend getaway. Cleveland and the surrounding area offer many opportunities for romance.
Valentine’s Day is the most romantic of all holidays. Consequently, many choose this day to propose marriage, while others view it as a perfect opportunity to rekindle the spark in their relationship. No matter one’s status or position in the love department, romantic vacations are a wonderful way to celebrate the day of Saint Valentine.
Romantic Lodging in the Cleveland Area
Whether looking for seclusion, or the excitement of the city, the Cleveland area offers a variety of lodging options.
Quail Hollow Resort and Spa
Looking for a little privacy and seclusion? The Quail Hollow Resort and Spa would be an excellent choice for your romantic getaway weekend. The resort offers an indoor swimming pool, sauna, and on-site dining/room service.
Hyatt Regency at the Arcade
Located in the heart of downtown Cleveland, the Hyatt is a very romantic place to stay. It is within walking distance of all major sites in the downtown area including Gund Arena, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, the infamous Hard Rock Cafe and
Hotel Embassy Suites, Beachwood
This suburban hotel offers two-room suites with many great amenities. It is just a short drive from downtown Cleveland, but away from the busyness of the downtown area.
The Ritz Carlton
Downtown Cleveland’s only four-star hotel is the Ritz Carlton overlooking the Cuyahoga River and Lake Erie. Hotel amenities include an indoor pool, fitness center, and shopping.
Romantic Dining in Northeastern Ohio
Great food is essential for any romantic weekend. Consider these romantic eateries for your Valentine’s dinner.
- Blake’s Seafood in West Lake (specializing in fish, shrimp, lobster, and steak).
- Bravo in Beachwood (specializing in Italian cuisine).
- Lola Bistro & Wine Bar in the Gateway District (best known for its famous chef, Michael Symon).
- Pier W in Lakewood (offers views of both Lake Erie and the Cleveland skyline).
Romantic Activities in Cleveland
Other activities to consider over Valentine’s weekend include:
- Wine tour and tasting at Debonne Vineyards or another winery.
- Enjoying jazz at one of Cleveland’s jazz clubs. (A favorite in the area is Nighttown located in the Cleveland Heights area).
- A couple’s massage (these services are available at most of the hotels listed above).
- Shopping at one of Cleveland’s many shopping venues.
- Ice skating in University Circle.
- Tour one of Cleveland’s many art galleries or museums such as the Cleveland Museum of Art.
Valentine’s weekend is just a few weeks away. Be sure to make hotel and restaurant reservations as soon as possible. Have a romantic Valentine’s weekend in Cleveland.